Special Travel Needs
MEDICAL CERTIFICATES (MDIF)
Under certain conditions, TARCO may require you to present a medical certificate from your doctor. The passenger will need to carry a Medical Statement Information Model. Note that the model is only valid for (10) days from the date of signing by a competent doctor.
THESE CONDITIONS INCLUDES:
- Having a communicable disease or infection
- Having a medical condition that gives reasonable doubt that you can complete the flight safely without extraordinary medical assistance during flight
- The presence of the passenger may cause discomfort to other passengers due to his physical or behavioral status.
- The presence of the passenger may cause delays to the flight schedule, including the possibility of changing the flight rout or emergency landing
- The passenger can not rely on himself and requires full assistance during the flight.
- The passenger needs special medical attention and/or special devices to maintain his health during the flight.
MEDICAL OXYGEN SERVICES
- TARCO provides free medical oxygen on its flights only if the arrangements were requested in advance. It is not permissible for passengers with special needs to carry their own oxygen devices on the plane.
- In the case where the passenger needs medical oxygen before and after the flight, they must provide the required medical oxygen themselves.
- The passenger must be accompanied by a person who is fully knowledgeable with the operations of the oxygen system to help them through the flight.
RENAL FAILURE PATIENT'S PASSENGERS
TARCO gives (240) kg as an extra weight allowance for medicines and medical equipment free of charge in addition to the amount of free baggage allowance according to the degree of travel. The patient has to carry a medical certificate from the hospital stating that they are renal failure patients.
ACCEPTANCE OF PREGNANT PASSENGERS
It is the duty of pregnant passengers to advise " TARCO " of the progress of their pregnancy at the point of booking of seat and at the check-in counter. The carriage of pregnant passengers is subject to the following conditions:
- Pregnant ladies are authorized to travel up to the 8th month without medical clearance.
- Medical clearance will be required if:
a) Child birth is expected in less than 4 weeks.
b) Uncertainty exists over the progress of the pregnancy and the date of delivery.
c) There were previous multiple births childbirth complications are expected.
d) The medical certificate must be issued within 10 days of the flight date.
- The lady will be refused carriage if the pregnancy is 35 weeks and above.
After week (32) of her pregnancy, the pregnant woman should provide a medical certificate filled in by a competent doctor. The form is valid for a period of (10) days from the date of issue.
- Children, who have reached their 5th but not 12th birthday traveling alone or are not accompanied by a passenger aged over 16th year, are considered as unaccompanied minors. The abbreviated code of unaccompanied minors is "UM" or "UMNR" and will be used in all traffic reference.
- Unaccompanied children under 5 years of age will not be accepted under any circumstances. Unaccompanied children from 6 to 7 years of age will accepted on a nonstop or through flight only, and must be escorted by a parent or responsible adult until the child is boarded on the flight and the aircraft has departed the gate. The child must be met at the destination by another parent or responsible adult.
- Unaccompanied children 8 through 16 years of age will be accepted for transportation on nonstop, through or connecting flights. Reservation must be confirmed to the destination. The child must be escorted by a parent or responsible adult until the child has boarded the flight and the aircraft has departed the gate. The child must be met at the destination by another parent or responsible adult. A service charge will be assessed for unaccompanied children on all flights.
- TARCO does not accept responsibility for unaccompanied minors prior to being checked-in at airport of departure or after delivery to their nominated custodian on arrival at their destination.
- The maximum number of unaccompanied minors carried onTARCO airline flights shall not exceed the number of working cabin crew on those particular flights. - All unaccompanied minors traveling on TARCO airline flight shall be in possession of the written consent of their parents or guardian authorizing them to travel. - In the event of interline carriage, participating carrier approval must be secured before confirming reservation.
- During schedule irregularities, TARCO airline may refuse to provide connection air transportation services at any origination city to an unaccompanied child holding reservations when there is a reasonable likelihood that the child will not make a flight connection, and therefore require overnight accommodations.
- TARCO becomes fully responsible for the UM from the moment he/she is handed over by the parents or the authorized adult to the concerned staff.
- UM's will be accompanied to the airport of departure by an escort. The escorts name is mentioned on the handling advice for UM's
- The escort delivers all documents necessary for travel to the handling or supervisor agent concerned. The escort has to stay at the airport until the respective aircraft is airborne. He or She carries on responsibility for the UM until the flight is called for embarkation and the UM is handed over to a member of the handling agent.
- To ensure that the UM will safely be transferred to one of our Flight Attendant a ground staff member will personally guide the UM to the aircraft.
- Upon arrival the cabin attendant will hand over the UM to our contracted ground handling. This staff will take care of the UM until it is picked up by the respective escort named on the handling advice.
NEW BORN BABIES
They can be accepted after the first week of their birthday. For babies of more than 48 hours age shall be accepted provided that they must obtain a medical clearance stating that the baby is in a good health and does not need incubator or medical oxygen.